Wednesday, October 24, 2012

October Highlights [Part 2]: Noryangjin Fish Market & Ilsan Lake Park

More October adventures~

노량진 수산시장 (Noryangjin Fish Market)
A few of my fellow exchange student friends recommended this place for eating huge, delicious crabs and other seafood so they brought me and some other friends here to try the amazing seafood. I'm not a huge seafood enthusiast (especially not for fish or sashimi), but the crab here is seriously delicious. Like a little piece of heaven. I was also brave enough to try live octopus for the first time!!

So once we got to the fish market, we bought whatever seafood that we wanted to eat. We ended up getting crabs, live octopus, scallops, and sashimi. This fish market is actually quite expensive compared to other places such as Busan. After purchasing our seafood, we took it to a restaurant located inside the fish market and had it prepared for us to enjoy. Of course, we had pay a cooking fee at the restaurant and it is calculated based on the number of people in your party. This was definitely a most interesting and delicious experience for me!










일산호수공원 (Ilsan Lake Park) - Musical Fountain
My friend really wanted to visit this place and said that there is a show every weekend in October around 7pm. From Korea University, it takes over an hour by subway to get to Ilsan. It is located near Gimpo International Airport and northwest of Seoul. Ilsan Lake Park is home to the largest man-made lake. My friends and I visited the lake first and then proceeded to look for the musical fountain. The park is huge and it took us a long time to finally reach the fountain. Although we missed the beginning of the show, it was still worth the long trip.











So that's it for the big things I did during October.

P.S. Fall is really kicking in here in Korea and the weather is becoming very chilly. I really love this season though because it's chilly without being unbearably cold AND I get to watch the leaves change color for the first time in my life! :) However, I know its only going to get colder and winter in Korea is quite bitter. I think adjusting to the cold will be my biggest challenge while I'm here. Living in Hawaii my whole life has definitely not prepared me for this, hah.

P.P.S. I can't believe we are already halfway through the semester! It really does not feel like I have been in Korea for over two months. Time sure flies when you're having fun! There are still so many things left to do and places to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment